Monday, April 9, 2007

Happy Easter!

Mia had a great first Easter. It was crazy busy, as usual, but she really did great.

She wasn't too sure what all the fuss was about, really. Or why so many people were at her house when she got home from church. Or why there was a quacking duck in a basket. It was all very confusing. But she likes the duck, thank you very much.

She was taking a nap during the Easter egg hunt. But she hunted one egg at Mom's group last week, so all is well.

Mark and I had a new appreciation for Easter this year. We've always been grateful for God for the gift of His Son. And to Jesus for His sacrifice, especially after watching The Passion. But we couldn't really put ourselves in God's shoes until this year. Until we had Mia. Could I imagine watching Mia be tortured? No. Could I imagine sending Mia to a gruesome death even if it would save my other children? Nope.

But, then, I'm not God.

I can understand now what he must have been feeling. The anguish. The desire to help your child, but realizing that you can't. Knowing that this is good for all, but wishing you could do something different.

So I give thanks to God today. For being willing to send His Son. For loving me as a child. For not giving up on me.

*Easter pics up soon... they are trapped in the camera. :)

1 comment:

The Ulrickson Fam said...

pictures...? untrap them! :) have fun on your trip!