Wednesday, July 23, 2008

blah, blah, blah

I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed with watching Mia learn things. It's especially fun because I learned all about childhood development in school, but now I get to see it in real life. Lately, Mia's been really interested in starting to understand imagination and that things are separate from her. She gives her rocking horse drinks from her cup, helps her "baby" swing, "talks" on the phone to Daddy (though, no one is actually on the phone!), pretends to drive both a choo-choo and a car, and many many other things that surprise us every day.

She's really been working on her words lately. Here's a list of the things she can say. As of today she'll be 20 months in 6 days.

Mama, Daddy, Nonnie, Carter, Kendall, Jax, Katie, dog, woof-woof, kitty, meow, bird, duck, quack, pee-pee, poo-poo, juice, eat, thank you, please, fish, choo-choo, on, off, up, down, night-night, yellow, blue, green, purple, pink, red, church, no, yes, book, George, Elmo, home, uh-oh, bubbles, Zee, Jack, swing, blanket, Mia, horse, bye-bye, this, pretzel, eye, nose, Brooke Bear, baby, ice...

I'm sure I'm missing some.

And she's saying sentences! Her first was, "choo-choo uh-oh!" because she saw a picture of a train derailment. She now says:

Daddy home!
Zee eat bubbles!
Daddy (Mama) bye-bye.
Daddy uh-oh!

Amazing!

1 comment:

jthomson79 said...

I can't believe how grown up Mia is... and how the only real knowledge I have of her is through blogs and pictures. It makes me so sad! I wish I could see her (and you!) in person and experience her little personality in person. I love you guys!