Monday, July 30, 2007

The other people in this house...

So... yeah. This blog gets a lot of Mia time. And with good reason -- she's incredibly cute. (if I do say so myself... wait, I just did...)

But I thought you'd like to know what's going on with the other people that happen to live in this house -- The parentals and Zee.

Mark: Mark just got finished with a huge work project that he's been working on for almost a year. More than a year? I don't know, I lost count. It was great for his company and he got a lot of new experiences. Plus, he got to see the countryside of Canada from a caboose. Does it get better? This year he's been the Lay Director of the Chrysalis community which has kept us busy as you can imagine. We had four fabulously successful weekends this summer -- Praise God! We didn't have to cancel due to low numbers or lack of leadership. Lives were changed and kids grew closer to God this summer. We're extremely grateful. Please be praying. There are changes that are happening within the Chrysalis movement. None that I really want (or possibly can) talk about right now. But we need prayer. We need God's guidance... and a lot of this decision making will fall on Mark's (and the board's) shoulders.

Melissa: I've been enjoying my time as a stay-at-home-mom. Its amazing. Its completely, 100% different than I had pictured my life... but I wouldn't change a second. Mia has become so fun lately. She's into everything, and exhausting, but this is the best job I've ever had. I'm fulfilled. I'm happy. I look forward to watching her change and grow each day. As for my other job... dance is amazing. My classes are going well and I'm gaining back most of the skills that I'd lost after having Mia... and even perfecting some. I'm back to hitting triple pirouettes pretty consistently, and my splits are back. Yeah, that probably meant nothing to a lot of people, but its pretty exciting for me. :) My class is great. They are ready to tackle anything I throw at them and are so upbeat and excited. My friend, Leah, is back at the studio as an intern. She's choreographing some dances for her internship and I'm lucky enough to get to be in one and have my class do another. The dances are amazing. Filled with passion and desire for God. I'm eternally grateful for a place like A Time to Dance. Who know I'd get to combine the two things I'm most passionate about -- serving God and dance.

Zee: Zee is crazy, as usual. It'd be weird if she was anything but! lol. She had a run-in with Dennis' truck (long story) that resulted in an injury to her toe, but it only slowed her down for about 1 day. She's back to running full speed. She still loves to hunt squirrels. So much so, that we never have them in our yard! Oh, and apparently she's a skunk magnet (or a slow learner). She's been sprayed twice now. She's just way too curious for her own good! She loves to swim in the pond with Jack. But she also loves to hang out with us and Mia. She's still not so sure about the littlest Davenport. But she's very sweet with her.

So that's the update. We're all alive and well. Now back to your regularly scheduled Mia-viewing.


Don't mind me... I'll be reading this book while you talk amongst yourselves.


1 comment:

The Ulrickson Fam said...

Nice, Mia. You are so sophisticated, you little cutie.