Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Meeting Marble

I haven't written a lot about this pregnancy. Possibly because let's just be honest... a cute toddler is infinitely more exciting than the antics of a fetus or the hormone-induced ramblings of the mom.

But mostly because, man, this pregnancy just never felt real. I mean, yes, I was sick, I am hormonal, I have heard the heartbeat... but it has never really sunk in. It just happened so easily, ya know? I mean, we thought about being pregnant and bam! 2 pink lines. It was so much harder and there were so many more struggles, tears, and questions trying to get Mia. I guess I had a hard time actually believing my dreams of conceiving easily actually happened? That God blessed us that much?

Apparently He did.

Meet Marble. The cutest little Skeletor baby ever.
Marble putting its fingers to its* mouth.
Laying on its side... the head looks like it is on a pillow of sorts. You can see the arm and ribs.
Look Ma! 2 hands!

Laying on its stomach.

* We have decided to keep the sex of this baby a secret, as we did with Mia. It is much easier to write "it" for the baby rather than he/she or his/her all the time. We apologize if this deeply offends anyone and humbly ask them to come up with a better neuter pronoun for the English language.

1 comment:

jthomson79 said...

What about herm? Or hir? I don't really have anything for he/she? Those are too similar. You could always just call it baby or kid or something along those lines.