Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Mia Newt!

Guest post by Mark (aka "Daddy")

This is an example of the randomness of Mia.

Tonight, after her bath, 'jaybird' Mia and I played in the living room with some new soft nerf-like balls that Melissa bought (for just $0.25!!!). We threw them to each other, at each other, and then we counted them. Mia pretended to be Zee (our dog that now lives at my parents house) and started putting one of the balls in her mouth. Then she suddenly remembered that we had Zee's blue ball outside. So we talked it over and decided that Mia should take this ball to Zee at Nonnie and Granddad's house. So we get her dressed and then go outside to get the ball for Zee.

On the way back in, we notice a newt on the wall in the garage. I point out the 'lizard' on the wall and when I got inside I told Melissa about the 'newt.' Mia then breaks the news to us that she was, in fact, a newt. I asked Mia if she could walk on the walls. She started thinking and then told us, "Mia wall, Mia newt." I told her that I didn't understand and she started to get upset. She was pointing to her room, so I asked her to show me. She points at the letters on the wall - "M" "I" "A". Then she tells me again, "Mia wall, Mia newt." I just about fell on the ground laughing... since her name was on the wall, she thought she was a newt!

(I don't know if this is actually that funny to you, but I was very impressed with her reasoning... which probably says a lot about me!)

No comments: