Thursday, March 12, 2009

So wise

So many of you know that Mia loves Dora. It's a nice little deal we have where Mia gets to watch 30 minutes of TV and I get to a.) take a shower b.) clean the house c.) stare off into space or d.) all of the above. Love.

Anyway, in Dora there is a "bad guy" (and I use that term quite loosely) named Swiper the Fox. His main goal in life, apparently, is to swipe people's stuff. No good reason given, just likes to steal. You stop him by saying "Swiper, no swiping!" three times. He says, "Oh man" and everything goes back to normal.

So that's the backstory.

The other day Mia was playing in her room with Mark and me. They were about to make a fabulous train track when Mia decided she needed to share her toys with Swiper, who was hanging out in the living room. She made several trips with different toys before announcing:

"If you share with Swiper, he doesn't need to swipe your stuff."

Wow. I wonder why Dora hadn't thought of that...

Today she's been carrying "Swiper" around in her hand and sharing all her toys and showing him her puzzles. She declares that Swiper is nice now.

That's pretty smart, Mia. And quite compassionate. Her big and loving heart amazes and humbles me sometimes.

PS -- we never mentioned this to Mia. Honestly, neither me nor Mark had thought that the way to solve all Swipers problems was merely to share with him. And I have a psychology degree. Way to show me up, kiddo.

2 comments:

macfamilytx said...

Too cute and so sweet. Reagan is a Dora lover as well.

Anonymous said...

I love reading all of your stories about Mia! She is such a smart girl!